Sunday, May 29, 2011

Daily Devotion, May 29, 2011

Ecclesiasticus 43:28-29 (Apocrypha)
Where can we find the strength to praise him? For he is greater than all his works. Awesome is the Lord and very great, and marvelous in his power.

I am honored and humbled each Sunday to help lead our church's contemporary prayer service with our band, Crossroads. Singing and music have always been integral parts of my life and it gives me great joy to use the talents with which God has blessed me to extol his praises. On those Sunday mornings when I really could have used another cup of coffee, or we are feeling rushed and stressed in setting up our equipment on time, I wonder if I can summon the strength to glorify Him in the way He deserves. Then I remember to go to Him in prayer; it is His strength that always sees me through.

How do you worship our awesome God who is greater than all His works? Is it only on Sunday, or do you take time every day to give Him thanks and praise? May you find in His comfort and power the strength to live each day for His honor and glory!

Readings:
Ecclesiasticus 43:1-12 and 27-32
1 Timothy 3:14-4:5
Matthew 12:24-34a

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep Calm and Pray

  As they sailed, he fell asleep.  A squall came down on the lake, so that the boat was being swamped, and they were in great danger.  The d...