Friday, July 26, 2013

"Celebrate! Celebrate! Dance to the Music!"


Luke 15:23
Bring the fattened calf and kill it.  Let's have a feast and celebrate.

Birthdays are a special time of celebration and rejoicing in the life of a loved one.  Last Sunday, we gather to honor our beautiful granddaughter, Virginia Rose's, third birthday.  What fun we have!

We weren't planning to have anything at the party but dinner, presents, and a cake.  Then, when searching for the cake plate in a high-up cupboard, my husband, Danny, finds items tucked away in a plastic bag.  How festive!


Even my mascot, Mr. Squirrel, wants in on the action!




I've wrapped Virginia's gifts the day before and place them on the hearth where she's sure to notice them the moment she walks through the door.  We figure she'll go for the balloon first, and she does!


Next?  Well, Virginia really gets into the birthday hats and party horns.  These keep her happy and occupied while the adults eat dinner.











Then, it's time for presents!!!























Last, but certainly not least, we present Virginia with her birthday cake.  I know, I know!  Very pink!  But, that's the icing she asks for, and this Gammie aims to please.  She's enjoying every mouthful!













Virginia Rose's third birthday is a resounding success!

~

Do you have a favorite birthday party memory?

Will you pray with me?
We thank You, Father, for those special times in our lives which call for feasting and celebration.  May the joys of those days point to the heavenly feast and celebration we will one day share with You in Heaven.  Amen.

16 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to Virginia Rose! (And do I recognize that squirrel?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Glynn, you sure do! :)
      Thanks so much for coming by and for your birthday wishes for Virginia Rose. I'll certainly pass them on!
      Blessings to you!

      Delete
  2. Uhhhh, Glynn:
    You beat me to it! Was gonna say the same thing bout the squirrel.
    Happy Happy day to Virginia Rose! Love to see books given as gifts, but then I'm partial to that gift seeing as I work at a library and before that I worked at a bookstore.
    --
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean about books, Chris!
      Thanks so much for visiting and for wishing Virginia Rose a happy birthday. As you can probably tell, she had a wonderful time. :)
      Blessings to you!

      Delete
  3. Ah, it's a delight to watch Virginia's pictures whenever you post them and these are special for they are precious memories of a beautiful day gifted by our Lord. Please do kiss Virginia for me and I'm glad that she has been blessed with wonderful grandparents in you and Danny.

    Lots of love.

    Joy always,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for coming by, Susan!
      I'm seeing Virginia today, so will, indeed, give her a kiss for you! Thanks for your kind words, too.
      Love and blessings!

      Delete
  4. Aww these photos are so precious, Martha! Virginia never ceases to make me smile. She seems to be enjoying her pink cake! :-)

    I remember one memory I had when I was still a little girl when my mom asked what I would like the design of my birthday cake to be? And I told her that I would like the picture of a princess in my cake. On the day of my birthday, my wish was granted and I was one happy little girl. :-)

    Oh how I also look forward to that day when I would be attending Heaven's banquet!

    God bless, Martha! <3 :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, what a sweet story, Irene! Glad you got your princess on the cake and were princess for the day on your birthday.
      So glad you enjoyed the photos and post, too. One day, we will all, indeed, share in the heavenly banquet. I know I will see you there!
      Love and blessings!

      Delete
  5. She's growing up quickly and thank you for sharing her journey with us.

    I couldn't remember any memory of a birthday celebration... I promise I'll come back when I do. I have to reminisce through my albums.

    I pray with you, may every celebration bring joy and delight reminding us, yes of God's Heavenly banquet.

    Love you lots Virginia Rose ~ happy birthday little one. Love you Martha :*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melissa, she is growing up too quickly, and this Gammie is trying to keep up with her. Doing lots of babysitting these days and, though it can be tiring, I'm enjoying every moment because I understand how time flies before we know it.
      I will tell Virginia "Happy Birthday" from you, and, as I told Irene above, I look forward to one day sharing the Heavenly banquet with you, dear friend!
      Love and blessings!

      Delete
  6. Lovely pics. I love the expression on her face looking at the cake. Happy Belated Birthday Virginia - may life always be delightful. Blessings little one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for coming by, Suzy, and for the birthday wishes for Virginia! Glad you liked the photos - that cake one is a favorite of mine, too!
      Love and blessings!

      Delete
  7. Looks like a wonderful birthday party! And happy birthday to Virginia Rose, Martha. I want to spend everyday of my life like it's my third birthday party:) - with people that mean a lot to me, plenty of my favorite cake and icing and presents:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a wonderful party, Vishnu! And, I think you have the right mindset when it comes to enjoying a birthday party - we must become as little children, no matter how old we are. :)
      Thanks so much for coming by!
      Blessings to you!

      Delete
  8. Not sure who had a better time, Mr Squirrel or Virginia Rose? :) I love the look on her face as she digs into those bags - such expectation! Thank you for sharing these delightful pictures with us!
    Vishnu - I love your comment! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you liked the photos, Corinne. I'm so happy that I'm getting better with my camera, and really had fun taking these. Yes, those expectant looks on her face are priceless!
      Thanks so much for visiting, my friend!
      Love and blessings!

      Delete

. . . Good Tidings of Great Joy . . .

  . . . Good tidings of great joy . . . ~Luke 2:10 Pictured above are my daughter, Sarah, son-in-law, John, and their three girls, Virginia,...